Telstra is a famous name among many service provider brands because it has been providing various services to the customers for a long time. It not only provides Telstra webmail services but is also a well-known name in the field of modems and routers. Telstra is committed to delivering such amazing services to the users that you cannot think of any other service provider. The routers or modems developed by Telstra gives a great home Wi-Fi experience to the users and also provides various options to choose from.
On top of that, you can also quickly access and share your Wi-Fi password from the app. Not only this, you get the advantage to create a separate network just for guests. If you are wondering “How to login to Telstra router?” then the Telstra Home Dashboard App will help you in this situation. You might want to login to your Telstra modem to change its settings. So, to change your Wi-Fi router’s settings, you can go through the following sections and complete the steps.
Steps to login to Telstra router:
You might want to know “How to login to Telstra router?” to edit or view the router settings. To view and edit your Telstra-supplied modem settings, such as Wi-Fi Network Name, Password and DNS Settings, you have to first login to your router. After this, you should know your modem’s default address. This is how you can access the modem settings:
Locate the default address of Telstra modem:
- Connect your modem to the computer and ensure that it is connected properly.
- Open the default web browser of your device.
- Enter the correct URL for your modem:
- For NBN/ADSL/Velocity/Cable (with Adapter) modems – enter http://10.0.0.138
- For Cable (without Adapter) modems – enter http://188.8.131.52
- If your modem is a Telstra Gateway Frontier/Telstra Smart Modem – no matter what technology type – enter http://192.168.0.1
- After this, the login page will open up where you can login using the admin login credentials.
(Note: the default username will almost always be admin and the default password is usually “admin” or “password”.)
Find your modem’s default address through the computer that you have connected to the router:
Windows users can go through the following steps:
- Type cmd.exe in the command prompt and hit the “Enter” key.
- Now, type “ipconfig” and press “Enter”.
- Now you will see the Default Gateway and next to it you will the address of your router.
- Login using the steps given in the above section and customize the settings according to you.
Mac users can go through the following steps:
- Click on the “Apple” icon form your Mac device and choose “System Preferences” from the list of options or the drop-down menu.
- Now, select the “Network” option and then select the Internet connection you are connected to (Ethernet or Wi-Fi).
- Wi-Fi users can click on “Advanced” and then select “TCP/IP” tab.
- Ethernet users can locate the Wi-Fi address available next to their router.
For further details on “How to login to Telstra router?” go to the official website of Telstra or contact customer support executives available round the clock. You may not need to login to the router other than for the purpose of changing or customizing its settings.
Smith Loo is an acclaimed technical writer and his articles have appeared in a number of tech websites. His articles contribute to the latest technology, solutions to technical issues in top branded printers, and viruses, and emails. He focuses on balancing informative contents along with all technical needs. Visit@:- Bigpond Webmail .